Friday, September 21, 2012

Laundry




One of my biggest worries when I decided to go back to school was how I was going to balance my life.  Would the kids feel the strain, would  Erik and I still have time together?  What about my church commitments?

I've been a seminary student for 2 weeks now.  I have read over 500 pages of theology, attended 7 hours of class, watched 3 hours of online lectures and posted 500 word responses to each one.  I am half way (almost) through my first paper.

So far, I have made it to ALL the baseball games, ALL the soccer games.  I have made it to ALL the riding lessons.  I have played with the kids after school and in the evenings and spent some quality time with Erik.  I even made it back to my home town to give a friend a hug when she needed one. 

I have been able to maintain each of my church commitments, from leading the preschool choir to my life group and all the things in between.  Yes I do owe a couple of friends a cup of coffee or at least a phone call but I think I just might get to that today!

The one thing I haven't been able to find time for...folding laundry!  It's all clean, I promise, just not folded.  And I guess I don't have to worry about making dinner tonight since we clearly won't be able to sit at the table to enjoy it.  We might as well go out, right?  Great, that's one less thing I need to do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm tempted to post some pictures of how things look over here....but it's so bad, I'm not sure I'd have any friends anymore.

    ReplyDelete