Friday, September 14, 2012

I am New

I am heading back to my home town today to attend the visitation and funeral of a 40 year old woman.  She is my dear, dear friend's older sister.  I went to school k-12 with my friend.  Her sister went to school k-12 with my brother.  Her younger brother works with my dad.  That's how it works in small towns.  Families overlap, lives are shared.  

She was a single mother of a teenage girl.  She lost the fight to cancer.  Her name was Jodi.  Her life wasn't easy but she fought a good fight.  I couldn't help thinking of the song by Jason Gray "I am New".  I have always loved the lyrics but this morning they moved me to tears as I thought about Jodi, her smile and her spirit.

                                              I am not who I was, I'm being remade
                                              I am new
                                              I am chosen and Holy and I'm dearly loved
                                              I am new  


                                              Forgiven, Beloved, Hidden in Christ
                                              Made in the image of the Giver of Life
                                              Righteous and Holy, Reborn, Remade
                                              Accepted and Worthy this is our new name


Jodi has been made new.  We all will be new one day.  Our names will changed and we will walk in the glory of the Giver of Life.  It's a beautiful image that runs through my head this morning.  

Despite how you might feel on this earth, at this time, in this moment...you ARE accepted and worthy.  You ARE beloved and forgiven.  And you ARE made in the image of the giver of  life.  
                                            
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment