Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Lord's Prayer



Our (mine, yours, his, her's, theirs') 

Father (daddy, protector, provider, security, strength, sustainer) 

who art in Heaven (and on Earth, and every where that I am at all times)

hallowed  (holy and honored) 

be Thy name. (the Great I am, Yaweh, Adonai, El Shaddai, Kyrios, Pater)

Thy Kingdom come (come again oh New Jerusalem)

Thy will (YOUR will, not mine, but yours)

be done (by me, by my husband, by my children)

on Earth (in ALL the Earth, in my country, in my city, in my home, in my life, in my heart)

as it is in Heaven. (may my very life be a reflection of you heavenly home)

Give us this day (today, tomorrow, and all the days to come)

our daily bread (our every sustenance physically, spiritually and emotionally)

and forgive us our debts (my sin, my pride, my judgement, my secret thoughts, my hurtful words, my anger, and my shame)

as we forgive our debtors (give me the heart of forgiveness, let me wash the pain away with your love and grace)

and lead us not into temptation (close my eyes to the sin, close my ears to the gossip, close my mouth to the hurtful words)

but deliver us from evil. (strengthen me against the enemy, shore up my perseverance and self control)

For THINE is the Kingdom (ALL kingdoms, in heaven and on Earth, in every nation and on every throne)

the Power (ALL power, over me, over you, over all creation)

and the Glory (the very Glory of Heaven, radiant and perfect)

forever and ever. (and ever, always, eternally, never ending)

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment