Thursday, October 11, 2012

Isabella



Today my baby turns 10.  10!!!  I had to type 2 numbers!  She is a decade old.  10 years ago I sat in a hospital holding a brand new baby.  MY BABY!  It was a dream come true.  I  had no idea the what lay ahead of me.  Of course I had dreams for her.  Both her Daddy and  I wanted so much for her.  But I had NO IDEA what an amazing girl she was going to turn out to be.  

Isabella's name means "island of beauty".  And that is exactly what she is.  She is my Island of Beauty in an ocean that can too often be ugly.  She is beautiful from the inside out and her light shines amazingly strong.  She takes my breath away sometimes, with the thoughts she has, the things she says, and the beauty she is.  She has an innocence about her that I adore, an innocence I pray never goes away.

She would tell you that she has waited all her life to be ten.  She just can't grow up fast enough.  I would tell you that she was JUST a baby!  And the time is going WAY TOO FAST. 
I treasure each moment that we have together and as each year goes by I realize more and more that I really LIKE this kid!  She is fun to hang out with, she makes me laugh.  

I can be hard on her, probably too hard.  But she forgives me when I ask her to (that seems to happen a lot) and she loves me despite the fact that I'm not always the mom I wish I was.  She makes me want to be a better person.  She encourages me to do big things and loves me when I make mistakes.  She is sweet to her brothers, generous to her friends.  She thinks of others before herself.  There is nothing in this world sweeter than my baby girl!

Happy 10th Birthday Isabella!

Love, 
Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment