Monday, July 2, 2012

I hate to wait

I talked to God today.  Do you know what he told me?  He told me to wait.  I hate waiting.  I'm not a patient person.  I  know I'm supposed to be, there are even times I have been.  And then my time of being patient usually ends something like this.

"OK God, I've been patient, what next?"  Pretty patient huh!

So when he told me today to just wait I wanted to cry.  I can feel him preparing me for something,  growing me.  And I am SO excited for whatever it is I just can't wait!  I hate to wait.  I'm not a patient person.

Do you think a flower feels like this?  When you plant it in the ground, it knows that someday it's going to be something beautiful!  It's just not yet.  It has to wait.  I wonder if it hates to wait, like me.  I wonder if a flower is patient?  It spends so much time in the ground, so dark it can't even see.  It takes the water God give it and fights hard just to push out of the ground and when it finally does, I wonder if it thinks "YES!, I made it!  I'm gonna be amazing!"  But it's not, not yet.  It has to wait.  I wonder if it hates to wait, like me.

I wonder if the flower wonders every day, "Is it time yet, do I bloom today, am I ready?" But it still has to wait, it needs to grow.  It needs more water, more sun, more nutrients.  And then a bud comes, and I bet you it says "NOW, now I'm ready!"  But it's not.  It still has to wait.  I wonder if it hates to wait, like me.

And then, after what feels like eternity, the flower blooms.  ALL that waiting has paid off.  All the watering, and sunshine, and being filled from the inside has made the flower JUST as beautiful, JUST as amazing as God told her she was going to be!  She just had to wait.  I wonder if she hated to wait, just like me?


No comments:

Post a Comment