Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Psalm 131

I have confessed before that I sometimes struggle with the Psalms. 

I deeply desire to fully recognize their beauty, to get carried away in them.  But sometimes it is hard for me to relate.

I don't have a lot of enemies (I hope).  But the one I do have (Satan), he's pretty awful.  

I don't spend much time hiding out in caves, although some days stuck at my desk might feel like that!

Today I read a few of the Psalms and I must say Psalm 131 spoke to my heart, this is one I could fully relate to.  Here is my modern day version of Psalm 131

"My heart is not proud, O Lord 
my eyes are not haughty"

(how could they be when my house looks like this… utter chaos)




"I do not concern myself with great matters 
or things too wonderful for me"

(no, I don't even read the paper any more…who has the time?
this is our Sunday paper…still outside…today is Wednesday!)




"But I have stilled and quieted my soul"

(I have stopped!  Taken a break from the Chaos, 
and found a place of quiet)



"like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me"

Like a child with her mother 
I have found comfort and contentment
deep in my soul



"O Israel. put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore."
Psalm 131


No comments:

Post a Comment