Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Have You Ever Been Blind?

Have you ever been blind?

Maybe not literally, but I am willing to bet we've all been blind at least once in our life.  It can happen a couple of different ways.  Perhaps you were blind-sided by something that you just didn't see coming;  a loved one leaving, a job loss, news from the doctor.  Perhaps there were signs along the way that you were simply blind too.

Maybe your blindness came from the dark.  Darkness of one kind or another surrounded you and you simply couldn't see past it.  You were stuck, in the darkness, with no idea what lie in front of you and unable to see what lie behind you.  There was no way to retrace your steps, no way to get back to where you came from.  You were blind.

The Bible has something to say to the blind.  

I have suffered from blindness lately, not being able to see what lies ahead of me, or even where I am at now, and a friend led me to this scripture...

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."  Isaiah 42:16

Regardless of where you are right now, whether you are in the darkness or the light, God will not forsake you.  He is there and He is guiding you, perhaps in a way He never has before.  The path maybe unfamiliar and it may be dark and rough, but trust in Him.  He will turn that darkness into light and he will make that rough path smooth.  His promises are good.  

I don't know about you but this verse brought me immeasurable hope, it lightened the darkness and just like that my path was smoother.  He doesn't always work like that, but He does always work.  Trust and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment