Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rest in this Promise

It has been a crazy 11 days in the Lundgren household, absolutely crazy! 

And I am tired, bone tired.  Yesterday I ended my day in tears, I was just too tired.

I know that you too are busy and tired, just like I am.  

I know that many of you are going through some really hard times right now, harder than I could ever imagine.  So I'm not going to complain.  I'm not going to list our schedule and compare it to yours.  I'm just going to sit here and soak up some strength from the only one who can give it to me when I face days like this.  And as always He meets me right where I need him!  I am stronger today than I was yesterday, I am stronger this afternoon than I was this morning.  Each moment I spend with him strengthens me.

There are times in our life when things out of our control wear us down.  There are times in our lives when things very much within our control wear us down.  There are times in our lives when even the good things, like vacations and birthday parties, wear us down.  The question is when you get worn down, and you simply cannot take another step, who will you turn too?  Where will you go to restore your spirit and replenish your soul?

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:28-29

"Rest for your souls", oh how sweet that sounds!   I love the sweet simplicity of that promise.  I will gladly lean on Jesus and learn from Him, and in return I will get rest for my soul.

That is a promise worth resting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment