Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Psalm 50:15

"And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me."
  Psalm 50:15


There is no question that yesterday was a day of trouble.   

I have no doubt that throughout the city of Boston and all across our beautiful country God was called upon.  

His name was called in a  mighty cry by an entire nation.  And we were delivered.

I know it may not feel like it, but he was there.  And we were delivered.  

We called and He answered.  

He was there when the bombs went off.  He was there with the lost and the scared.  He was there with the hurting. He was there in the stranger who stopped to help.   He was there in the first responders.  He was there.

It never ceases to amaze me how we call on His name in the day of trouble.  I do it to!  And time and time again he delivers me.  He delivers us.  

But do we honor him?  Really, do we?  We rally behind our nation, we look for the "humanity" in people, and we ban together.  But do we give God the honor and glory He deserves?  Or do we forget the very name we called before the smoke even clears?

I love our nation, I think America is strong and beautiful and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  I think people are more innately good than bad.  I think you don't have to be a Christian to do the right thing, to help others in need.  But I also think THAT goodness, that "humanity" in each of us is the reflection of Christ.  Even if you don't believe in him, you were still made in his image, and that goodness in you is a reflection of the goodness of him!  

There was so much good done yesterday in the midst of trouble, good that delivered us.  The question is who will you honor for all that good?


No comments:

Post a Comment