Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Merry Christmas!!!

It is 8:42 on Christmas morning.  In my house the presents have all been opened (we were up REALLY early).  The kids are off playing with all their new treasures, Erik is making the frosting for Jesus birthday cake.  A silly tradition but one small way we try to remember exactly what we are celebrating today.  


Life is good.

It was my intention this past week to write more consistently, to spend the week prior to the birth of our savior reflecting on the real reason for the season.  It was not my intention to spend the last 6 days sick.  But alas, our plans are not always God's plan.  Instead of writing I spent this past week juggling exhaustion, aches, pains, coughs and fevers with Christmas cookie baking, games, and family time.  I have 3 dozen cookies that never got frosted.  A wonderful brother who took my kids sledding when I desperately needed a nap. And a mom who took care of all the cooking!

This Christmas, more than any other, when I just couldn't do all the extra's, was a wonderful reminder of just what Christmas is all about.  As I carved out time and energy for only what truly mattered.  Family.  Christ.

It wasn't about Christmas cookies, pottery, the perfect present.  It was about time spent together.  It was about love, hope, peace.

It is with all that in mind that I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment