Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

This motherhood thing is NOT for sissies!

In my 11 years of parenting our three different children I have been peed on, pooped on and thrown up on, literally, multiple times.  

I have laughed till I cried and cried till I laughed.  I have stomped my feet in frustration, bit my tongue till it bled and screamed at the top of my lungs.

I have wiped noses, wiped butts, wiped tears, and wiped up messes. 

I have carried kids, carried laundry, carried toys, carried burdens and worries, carried books, and carried their hearts in my hands.

I have been lonely, been lost, been overwhelmed, been confused, been hopeless, and been humbled in ways I can't begin to put into words.  

I have loved with a strength I didn't know I had, protected with a determination I didn't know existed and prayed like I never have before.

This is the hardest, funnest, scariest, most joyous thing I have ever done.  

Had I known what all this would take, would I have ever entered into this thing called motherhood?

You bet!  I wouldn't change it for the world!!!

Thank you to all the mother's in this world, including my own, who have walked with me on this walk.  You all have taught me, laughed with me, cried with me, modeled for me, inspired me and motivated me in ways I could never express.  

Thank you!  Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment